RI Reunion Day
News | 04 May 2018
This year, we celebrate 195 years of RI. We’ve come a long way since the day Raffles first laid the school’s foundation stone on 5 June 1823. From a long line of public service leaders ensuring stability in Singapore to progressive artists constantly questioning norms, from nature-loving individuals founding green movements to current students collaborating with local universities on medical research, no one can accuse the Rafflesian community of resting on its laurels.
On 2nd of June 2018, we’re having a school reunion in the heart of the civic district, a stone’s throw away from where the first RI campus was. If you’re an RI or RJC alum, current student, a former and current teacher, or a parent, come join us in celebrating what it means to be a Rafflesian through the various activities which make up RI Reunion Day!
Drop by the Rooftop Studios of the National Gallery of Singapore any time between 9.30am to 4pm. The day’s highlights will include:
● A 'Yum Cha with Teachers' – catch up with your former teachers or colleagues over tea.
● ‘We Were Here/Here We Are’ – leave your mark on a community artwork by alum muralist Yuen Kum Cheong (RI’ 87).
● Watercolour sketches of RI and RJC campuses by Benedict Tay (RJC'08) - Take a photo against our campus backdrops with your schoolmates.
● A Mini-Raffles Museum – the boys of our Raffles Archives & Museum CCA are setting up shop with artifacts from different periods of of school history. Catch them in action!
● Make your own Raffles Badge - Bring home a personalised Reunion Day souvenir.
● Tour departures for ‘Would that I Could’: Dreamwalking with Raffles.
The main highlight of Reunion Day, ‘Would that I Could’: Dreamwalking with Raffles, is a Rafflesian-themed walking tour around the civic district. Tour stops include Raffles City Shopping Centre which was our first campus right up to 1972 as well as Raffles Terrace at Fort Canning where Raffles lived during his stays in Singapore.
We have 150 spaces available for our guided walking tour, so do register early for the tour at http://evnk.co/rafflesdreamwalk.
So Rafflesians, save the date - place it in your mobile calendars, write it in your journal, scribble it on your wall calendar.
RI Reunion Day
2nd June 2018
Rooftop Studios, National Gallery Singapore
9.30am to 4pm
For enquiries please contact us at [email protected] / 6419 9218 (office hours apply).